Something Different: 29 Questions

March 13, 2017




Coming off a pretty fulfilling and overall productive weekend in all aspects of my life. Friday we had an interning event volunteering with Junior Achievement, which meant a full day (7:30-2:00 😭)  of teaching 3rd graders. This experience made me realize how tough teachers' jobs are and grateful for my teachers in my own life. PSA, go thank your teachers!!!  Later that evening, some friends and I went out for dinner to celebrate the end of their internships (I have one week to go still!). I opted for the tofu and mushroom lettuce wraps + a huge glass of wine


 

A family friend from the Philippines who's currently studying at Duke came into town so it was family time for remainder of the weekend. Saturday morning was spent getting in some reading for my classes before venturing out for a late lunch in Fort Worth and a visit to the Kimbell art museum. 

With Daylight Savings Time on Sunday, we had a late breakfast that morning: gruyere popovers, roasted broccoli and strawberries for me! The loss of an hour followed me throughout the day; I felt exhausted. It didn't help that we spent the entire afternoon shopping though I did not end up buying anything (yay for a good type of self control!). Capped off the night relaxing back at my apartment. 



Over the weekend, I also caught up on blog reading including Alison's post from last week that she got from Tina of Carrots N Cake. It filled me with such nostalgia of answering these surveys on Facebook in my early high school days that I wanted to steal it too!   

Have a happy Monday! 

---

1. Who are you named after? I don't think anyone in particular though I was going to be named Kayla at first but my second cousin who was born 9 months ahead of me was named that and my parents settled on Kaylee
2. Last time you cried? Last week at a therapy session. The usual... 
3. Do you like your handwriting? I've grown to like it
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Turkey 🍗 
5. Do you still have your tonsils? Yup, yup! 
6. Would you bungee jump? Probably
7. What is your favorite kind of cereal? Not a big cereal person but I'm a sucker for cornflakes eaten dry aka sans milk
8. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Almost never
9. Do you think you’re strong? If we're being honest, right at this moment, not really. 
10. Favorite ice cream? Birthday cake or a good vanilla based one with nuts (e.g. butter pecan, maple walnut, almond brittle) 


11. What is the first thing you notice about a person? Their eyes, I think. Or what they're looking at??? Now I really want to pay more attention to this... 
12. Football or baseball? If it was a life or death scenario and I had to answer one, baseball just because I understand it more
13. What color pants are you wearing? None 😉  I'm wearing pajama shorts 
14. Last thing you ate? Eating homemade naan with hummus, feta, carrots and pickled onions for dinner as we speak
15. What are you listening to? The spinning of the washing machine and dryer. Sunday = laundry day! 

source

16. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? After consulting this list of Crayola colors and with the advice my best friend and sister, I would be the pink sherbet crayon. 
17. Favorite smell? No judgment but I've always enjoyed the smell of permanent markers. Or I guess on a more traditional level, cinnamon
18. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? My sister to find out where she was in Target
19. Married? No
20. Hair color? I say brown though some may call it black
21. Eye color? Suuuuper dark brown
22. Favorite food to eat? Don't make me choose!  
23. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy happy happy! Horror and I don't go together
24. Last movie you watched? After a mini-Disney sing-along session over the weekend, I craved a good Disney movie. I know it's not quite Disney but I found out Anastasia was on Netflix and I just had to!!  
25. What color shirt are you wearing? Purple and gray striped tank top
26. Favorite Holiday? Christmas! Always Christmas


27. Beer or Wine? Wine but has to be red
28. Night owl or morning person? Reluctant morning person. 
29. Favorite day of the week? Hmmm, I'm gonna go with Saturday.
Questions:
Cereal with or without milk?
Did you have a favorite coloring material growing up: crayons, colored pencils, markers,etc?

What's your go-to Disney movie?
Answer one or more of these questions! I would love to learn more about you too. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. As a future teacher, I’m anxious for those full days. I always wonder if I’ll be capable of it. It’s scary!

    Your questions are so fun! I’m probably going to join on the train and post this next week as well! I like cornflakes sans milk as well. The crunch is great. I’m the same way with wine. Always red. Always red. White wine makes my stomach upset.

    I usually prefer to have cereal with milk unless it’s cornflakes or special k. Those are snacks. Happy Friday, Kaylee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun post to do! You should definitely give it a try. White wine is too sweet for my taste 😣

      Delete