Must-Reads of the Week (6)

February 20, 2016

1.  Though I'm so so SO far away from this stage in my life, some advice to remember before I say "I do."

Love isn’t enough. Marry the person who brings out your best and will stand beside you at your worst.
2. Recovering the Classics - Confession: I totally judge books by their covers. Colors and titles must be eye-catching for me to even pick it up. Whenever I'm in a bookstore, I love looking at the new covers of classic books. These are basically all of that in one place + a note-to-self to read more classics. My favorites from the list were Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, The Call of the Wild!!

3. For your weekly dose of Disney princess magic: Click here. (P.S. there is singing involved)

4. This semester I have work at 8:30 in the morning thrice a week. My tendency to underestimate the time it takes for me to wake up, get dressed, and eat breakfast in the morning --> me stressing out. Amanda's overnight oatmeal smoothies are lifesavers for when I'm in a rush. So good I made it twice in less than a week. I tried the apple one and the chocolate one and they were both amazing, make-ahead breakfasts and perfect for this crazy 70 degree swinter.

5. We spend 3 months of our lives doing laundry, 51 days contemplating what to wear, and 4 weeks wondering if we could do be doing something better. I used to (and still maybe kinda sometimes do) struggle with empty gaps in my day and being "bored." When I didn't have something to do, I felt unproductive and anxious. YOLO mindset built into my generation got to me; I was terrified of wasting time, money, calories, even my own happiness. How crazy is that?!! I came across this mind-blowing 5 minute video called Sum this week. It challenges you to reexamine how you spend your time and appreciate those seemingly banal moments in life. Accept life for what it is--boredom and all.

Enjoy your weekend!

Questions:
Do you judge a book by its cover before buying?
Have you tried making overnight oatmeal smoothies? / What's your go-to quick easy grab and go breakfast?
What's your view on boredom? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments