Must-Reads of the Week (16)

August 15, 2016

Confession: I'm addicted to crosswords and sudoku puzzles. It's bad. It's become part of my morning routine for the past weeks I've been in the Philippines. 



Did I forget to mention I have been back in Manila since the end of July? Whoopsies. Right at this moment, my flight actually leaves in 3 hours. I promise there'll be an entirely different post dedicated to my trip....eventually... Since this is long overdue, gonna keep it relatively short and sweet, meaning less words and more links. Double the fun!!! 


1. So excited for the new season of ANTM! Even more pumped after reading this piece from Ashley Graham, a plus-sized model and one of the upcoming judges, in response to the skinny-shaming she faced on social media. 

2. What a Feminist Looks like acc. to Obama. Can he please just remain president for the next 4 years too?!?? 

3. Some questions for future me to consider about myself.

4. I can finally fulfil those interior designer dreams of mine a la Chip & Joanna Gaines of Fixer Upper (TX represent!) with the newly released Magnolia home collection

5. Thank you Cora for brilliantly describing the struggle of weight gain. It is sososo much harder than I realized it would be. An extra scoop of ice cream once and a while won't make you gain 10 pounds nor will skipping a day at the gym. Even a year after I began my recovery journey, I still haven't fully ingrained this in my brain. 

6. Rethinking Friendship

7. Missing baking in my kitchen--and summer fruits!!!--incredibly so at the moment. Doesn't help when I come across recipes like these strawberry & pistachio oat bars...or this peach & almond loaf...or these blueberry donuts... 

8. As I haven't been able to catch any of the Olympics women's gymnastics coverage, I will settle for Buzzfeed's article on Simone Biles, which will make you question what you've been doing with your life... (TX represent again!) 

9. A good article on the perils of advice.
Here’s the deal. The human soul doesn’t want to be advised or fixed or saved. It simply wants to be witnessed — to be seen, heard and companioned exactly as it is.
Sometimes all you really want is someone there to nod along to your nonsense.

Questions:
Anyone else a fan of Fixer Upper? (🙋🙋🙋 ) And if you didn't raise your hand, go get your butt in front of some HGTV! 
What job/career would you have had in an alternate universe?
Are you the advice-giving type? 



You Might Also Like

0 comments