Week in Review: Movie Watching & Dog Sitting

September 04, 2017

Because I'm terrible with introductions why not start with something totally random: Did you hear that last Friday was the day Albus Severus went to Hogwarts?

I AM NOT OKAY.
Source
Another thing that was celebrating an anniversary this past week was, one of my favorite shows of all-time (#noshame), Gossip Girl!!! This coupled with the fact that September is my birth month, I am definitely feeling old.

On a completely unrelated note, linking up with Meg for another Week in Review!

  • Had breakfast last Monday with my friend and former roomie. It was our last official welcome week so we had to soak up one of the remaining times of free food on a college campus. 
  • Made too much of super duper easy vegan chocolate cake just for me so my friends enjoyed some as well ☺️
  • Got through a chunk of but it seems I'm always playing catch up when it comes to reading blogs. Small steps are still steps. 
  • Posted some reads and eats.
  • Speaking of You've Got Kayl, also updated the blog's layout a bit. 
  • Worked at my new job on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Right now, since it's relatively early in the school year, it has been pretty slow. Hopefully things will pick up eventually. Got to be careful what I wish for though! 😳
  • Did yoga outdoors. Twice! For free!
  • As the title notes, I dog sat my aunt's Maltese over the weekend, which makes me want my own dog even more. I especially loved our walks together and that quiet time in nature. Crossing my fingers for early 2018. 
  • Watched Ingrid Goes West on a school night after my evening class ended at 10pm. Very out of character for me. So I would say that's an accomplishment. 
  • This past week was filled with lots of movies! Three to be precise in the past 7 days and have plans to watch another one again tonight. Aside from that unplanned movie above, I watched The Truman Show Friday night as I treated myself to Vietnamese take-out, and Ask Me Anything with my sister and her boyfriend after they joined me for dog-sitting. All this reminded me of a goal a friend of mine made at the beginning of the year to watch a movie a day. Confession time: I haven't seen many classic movies (e.g. Forrest Gump, ET,  The Matrix, Indiana Jones). So I may take a nod from her and start doing a movie a week (because 365 movies sounds like a bit much for me) to fix that.
  • After dropping my sister off for her GRE Sunday morning, I sat myself down at local coffee shop/bakery. Read my book while enjoying a cinnamon roll al fresco. Can it get any better than that? 

Questions: 
What did you do over the long weekend? 
What's on your movie bucket list?

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I've never seen Gone with the Wind. I figure I should see that at some point.
    A movie a day is quite the goal! That would be too much for me, too. A movie a week seems much more manageable--and a fun way to take a break in the midst of busyness, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that one either! Glad I'm not alone. We should start a movie-watching club 😁

      Delete
  2. Pair the weekly movie with popcorn and I'm in. Actually I can't wait to be able to watch a movie with Ave. I think we've got a couple years yet. She's too young now so we limit the TV for times of complete duress. Ha.

    Have a great week and thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. I'll try to watch enough movies for the both of us!
      You too Meghan!

      Delete
  3. I've watched a bunch of movies recently too, which isn't like me, but hey, I'll take it. Dogs are the best. They're the best companions for walking and snuggling, which are two of the most important things in life. And yummmmmm, cinnamon rolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, what movies?? Would you recommend them?
      Yes, I need more doggy time in my life!!

      Delete
  4. What is your new job?? Forgive me - I'm probably just very behind.

    Yoga outside! Movies! Breakfasts with friends and a coffeeshop cinnamon role date!?! Girrrrrl you know how to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I'm a tutor at our on-campus accounting lab.
      T'was a good week indeed.

      Delete
  5. Okay girl you totally need to watch Forrest Gump for the first of your classic movie weeks because it is such a great movie. Everyone needs to see it at least once.
    Your brownie looked so good! So does the cinnamon roll. I'm craving dessert now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do!!! I think they're showing it next month somewhere in Dallas so hopefully I'll get to do that! What else would you recommend that are "classics?"

      Delete
  6. Yet another week in your life filled with so many good happenings. Yoga outside and for free, a solo coffee shop date and time with friends plus a cute dog around? Sounds splendid to me.
    No worries on having yet to watch all those movies. I'm not much of a movie watcher so haven't seen a lot of classics, either. Though I'll say at least a few of those starring Audrey Hepburn are musts - I've definitely watched "How to steal a million" more than once and obviously "Breakfast at Tiffany's", too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've actually never seen a single Hepburn movie. How sad is that?? Thanks for the recommendations!

      Delete