Latest Posts

Must-Reads of the Week (21)

By 5:27 AM , , , , , ,

Currently sitting in my jammies, repping my recovery shirt on a Thursday night. After being inspired by this Katie Dalebout podcast episode, which by the way you should listen to, I've decided to watch Liberal Arts on Netflix to wind down.



It's been weeks since I last shared my favorite links with y'all. Four to be exact. At the pace I have been blogging lately, maybe I just need to call this must-reads of the month instead... Without any further procrastination:

If you ever forget about the magic that goes on behind the screen -- How Some of La La Land's Scenes Were Filmed 

Hummusapien's "You are More Than a Meal Plan" post -- Food for thought. (Pun definitely intended)

How to Like Yourself -- Some tips of self-acceptance

It may be because I recently finished reading The Joy Luck Club buuuuut these Chinese tidbits of wisdom spoke to me ☺️

“The goal of life is to die young, but as late as possible.”


A Rant on Always Eating More Than Others -- Cora is a mind-reader. I swear. She just gets me.

For all you introverts out there like me 🙋 -- On Loving an Introvert via ThoughtCatalog

In honor of National Eating Disorder Awareness Week: A Day of Eating Disorder Recovery in College -- basically what goes on in my brain 24/7. I also want to say here, please know that if you are struggling, you are not alone in this. The first step is to reach out and seek help. Eating disorders are a real mental illness, one that often goes overlooked.

And lastly, for perspective, remember you are not the majority. 

--- 

Have a wonderful weekend! ☀️




Questions:
What is on your must-reads list as of late?
If you've seen La La Land, what did you think? Or what other movies would you recommend?
Share your own tips on learning to like yourself! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Liberal Arts was such a neat flick! I also love Josh Radnor, so I was sold on it from the get go. As for La La Land, I actually had the unpopular opinion of really disliking it. :/ I know, I know. I'm pretty sure I was the wrong audience for it (huge broadway devotee). That said, interesting and new story carryout- so not a total loss!

    Hope you have a beautiful weekend, Kaylee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed Liberal Arts! Have you watched his other film, happythankyoumoreplease ?? That was pretty good too!

      Delete