Latest Posts

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

By 8:53 PM , ,


I know, I know... another pancake recipe. But you can't deny that carbsliciousness. Yup, I've decided that that should definitely be a word. Oh, ricotta--my love, my life, my everything. Seriously though, ricotta, much like it's cottage relative, is an underrated cheese. My cousin gifted me with a cheese (ricotta/paneer) making kit for Christmas (s/o to him here!!!). It's a relatively simple process honestly. Add, mix & boil all the ingredients, let sit, drain and ta-da! I let it drain for quite some time so it came out less watery than the store-bought kind, which I didn't mind a single bit!

My family made cannellonis one night with most of this batch so I used the leftover cheese to make The Vintage Mixer's recipe sans the lemon curd. Ate them with scoops of blueberries & pomegranate seeds. The only thing these babies needed were poppy seeds for the classic pair! Look at my artsy fartsy presentation skills!!! The result of watching too many Food Network shows in general & binge-watching Season 1 of The Mind of a Chef over break.





I have my weekly dietician + counseling appointments tomorrow morning. After back-to-back sessions last week, I felt emotionally drained. Morning tears just haunt you the entire day. Luckily, I can blame my puffy eyes and red cheeks on allergies. Hehe. I'm feeling more anxious than I normally do; I am already dreading those feelings of exhaustion again. Guh. Don't know what to expect anymore. Where am I supposed to go now? I am failing in recovery and it's consuming me. Think of happy thoughts, Kaylee, happy thoughts--blue skies & sunshine-y lemons. 


Questions:
Have you ever tried to make cheese? 
How do you cope with being so emotionally done? 
Got any happy thoughts for me? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments