Latest Posts

Prune Mocha Loaf (Vegan)

By 7:43 PM , ,


Merry Christmas Eve Eve!!! I apologize for disappearing for the past couple of weeks. I got caught up in the storm that is finals. Then, of course, in an ironic twist of fate, my laptop's mouse stopped working and I had to bring it to be repaired. So here I am, computer-less during Winter Break 2015 when I can actually bum around without feeling guilty for avoiding my "responsibilities." Thankfully, I've been keeping busy. My friend from the Philippines visited me for the weekend so we showed her what Dallasites do--shop, eat, and shop more. I have caught up on Modern Family & Downton Abbey and been channeling my inner grandma (again) by getting back into crocheting. I've also been trying to make a dent in my never-ending list of things to bake. This is quite difficult considering I've saved the majority of the recipes on my computer; here is the first of hopefully more to come!



When I came across this recipe a few weeks ago, I linked it to my mother right away because it was basically made for her. Mocha + prunes + nuts = my mom in a loaf. I veganized (yes, it's a word) it by using coconut oil instead of butter and mixing up a flax egg. I also subbed whole wheat flour just because. It's like a giant amped up brownie. Bask in its nutty, chocolatey gloriousness! **insert angels singing here**


Let's be honest, as much as I say I'll have a post up tomorrow, I probably won't be blogging until after Friday. So have a wonderful holiday y'all, or if you don't celebrate Christmas, have a great couple of days!!! I'm off to make almond butter, double check my gift list, and continue crocheting!




You Might Also Like

0 comments