Week in Review: Spring Break

March 21, 2016


Somehow I managed to simultaneously have the busiest yet most unproductive week (but really 10 days) ever. So to be honest I was originally going to post this last Friday until I realized Meghan's link-up is actually for Mondays... #kaylfayl Thus, here we are. Back to school. On this Monday morning. Yay. Sense my enthusiasm?


Here were some of the highlights from my Spring break:
  • Walked around the lake pond thing near my parents' house with my father dearest. Look at that glorious sunshine! ☀️ Summer I'm ready for ya!
  • Slept "in" til 9 (*self-five*) when we sprung forward a week ago

  • Had a Bachelor Finale watch "party" with my aunt & sister. Side note: Anyone else upset that Jojo is the new bachelorette? Was totally rooting for Caila 😩
  • Volunteered for the North Texas Food Bank's mobile community pantry. Sorted, packed and distributed produce galore! 
  • Attended not one but TWO classes at Central Market with my mother. I learned a) how ridiculously easy popovers are to make and b) what a Texas 1015 onion is

Maple bacon ice cream with a bacon brittle
Bacon definitely makes life better... 
Cheddar and thyme scones fresh out of the oven
  • Wore sandals out for the first time this 2016! I repeat, summer I'm ready for you!!! 
  • Got a much needed haircut. The last time I got it cut was over Thanksgiving break so it had definitely been waaaaaay too long (4 months--ohmygod it's the middle of March) so I had a couple inches chopped off. 
  • Went on Sister Whole Foods' date before said haircut


  • Finally figured out how to use the filters features on my Snapchat. I may be going a tad crazy with them. Just a tad. I apologize to anyone who follows me for spamming you with my face
  • Checked off the majority of my to-do list
  • Avoided the things that actually had to be done
  • Watched the new Digimon Tri with my sister (and fangirled more than a college student should have over an anime show)
  • Celebrated π day in the most rational (HA-HA get it??) way--with pie of course! 


Blueberry 3.14


  • Baked a chocolate cake last Saturday afternoon though not eye-pleasing as Tieghan's 
  • Skyped with my best friend who's thousands of miles away (SHOUTOUT TO THIS BIRTHDAY GIRL BTW!!!!!!)



Questions:
Ever had a popover?
What's your favorite Snapchat filter?
How was your past week? 


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Isn't it awesome that we live in an age where there is so much technology? :) I love skyping. And Pi day was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can't imagine living across the world from my friends without the tools that Internet has brought us! Super thankful.

      Delete
  2. Mmm cheddar and thyme scones....so good. I like anything which comes in carb form and contains cheese, especially these days. Give me all the energy foods. :)

    Your Spring Break sounds fantastic: the perfect amount of work with a dose of pleasure thrown in because Spring Break. Yes!

    Happy Monday and thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to cheesy carbiness! I made myself a feta, cheddar & kale quesadilla the other day. Definitely hit the spot. 😌
      I should be thanking YOU for the linkup!

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted to try a popover!! And I remember having Bachelor watching parties with my friends last year in our dorms. I didn't even like the show that much, but somehow I could never look away.
    Glad to hear you had a fun spring break, Kaylee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gosh darn delicious. If you get the chance to buy a popover pan, I would!
      I know, I know. The Bachelor is so bad it's good. 😭

      Delete