Latest Posts

Simple Herbed Focacia

By 6:18 PM




Ack, aaaaaawkward. So sorry for being MIA. Classes have picked up and my brain has been on autopilot this past week. Just goingandgoingandgoing. 

So flashback to over the summer when I attended a few (free!) demo classes at Williams Sonoma, including a tutorial on foccacia making. Afterwards, I was inspired to take a stab at it at home. I brought this loaf to a cooking club potluck event last week. I wanna say my attempt was successful because by the time I was able to grab food, there were only a couple of squares left! But you can never be too sure with college students & free food.  





When looking for a recipe, I wanted one that could be made days in advance and popped into the oven.  A lot harder than it sounds. Then I came across this recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod I followed it almost 100% except I used approx. 2/3 of the olive oil called for before baking then saved the rest for dipping/drizzling later on. I incorporated fresh basil, rosemary and parsley into the oil. Any herbs would be seriously delicious though. And literally bathe the dough in the herby olive oil blend. Also, massage and dimple your bread thoroughly! (Sigh. What I would do for a massage right now?)

Time to stop procrastinating and actually study for my three tests next week. Oh, joy. 
Have a splendid weekend!






You Might Also Like

0 comments