Latest Posts

Week in Review: The One Where I Graduated

By 6:25 AM , ,

I did it!!!

Last Friday, I walked across the stage and officially earned my Bachelor's degree in Accounting. 🎓  So t'was the past seven days were full of celebrating! It still feels surreal though. I keep asking myself if it really happened since the whole thing basically blurred by.

This may also be because I begin my graduate studies very soon. Consequently, I'm trying to forget that my "summer" only lasts a couple of weeks and to just enjoy the time that I have off now. I have a bad habit of preemptively worrying, which severely ruins my present and presence unfortunately. 


As I might have mentioned, my grandparents came in from out of the country to attend the ceremony. My cousins also came in from out of town too so the past few days have been busy, savoring the time with the relatives. Thus, I haven't really gotten a chance to catch up on blog posts or even write this one. Here I am, Monday morning scrambling to finish my WIR. This said, I am still gladly joining Meghan as I list off just some of the stuff from my week and weekend where I graduated college. 


  • Amidst my exams, I finished Sarah J. Maas' A Court of Wings & Ruin, the 3rd and final installment of a YA fantasy series. Was a good but long (almost 700 pages!!!) read. 
  • Got at 86 on that final I was dreading 🙏  A great way to finish of my undergrad career!
  • Had booked an end-of-the-semester massage using a Groupon as a gift to myself. Too glorious that towards the end I fell asleep (as usual). 



  • On Tuesday, my accounting program held a graduation luncheon for my cohort. At the lunch, I had a seemingly never-ending bowl of kale and quinoa salad with a citrus-ginger dressing. Then my friend and I split the set menu dessert: the famous whiskey cake. One of the top things I learned in the past 4 years: Always say yes to free food. 
  • Following the lunch, opted to go shopping with friends even though I honestly did not want to; I felt all socialized out but reminded myself that these college moments were fleeting and I should try to spend as much time as possible with my classmates as I can. 
  • Completed the food handler certification course needed for my summer job working at a local vegan bakery. ☑️


  • Participated in the Honors Convocation on Wednesday then actual graduation on Friday. CRAZY. 😲
  • Similar to the end of the semester last December, I ran and worked my org's rose bouquet sales at the commencement ceremonies . Pretty stressful and long days where I was on my feet the entire day but provided me with a sense of satisfaction after the fact.
  • Broke 100 during a round of bowling with my family <<< a major accomplishment for me considering my awful bowling abilities. No strikes but there were a handful of spares in the mix. 
  • Watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Sunday afternoon. Funnier than I remember the first one being. And Little Groot was too cute!! 



A belated happy mother's day to all you moms out there and/or to your own moms! 

Questions:
How did you treat yourself this past week?
What was the last book you finished? Movie you watched? 
Are you good at bowling? 




You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Aaaaah!! Congrats, beautiful girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leah! ☺️ ☺️ ☺️

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you. You look fabulous all dressed up in your gown. Enjoy the next few weeks off and soak up the family, friends and free time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This means so much, Meghan. Thank you!
      Loving that alliteration 😝

      Delete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! EEEEEE! I am so proud and excited and totally stoked for you. You've worked soooo hard this year. I hope you see that and that you were able to really take a step back, when you were looking all good in that robe, and say - yep, I deserve this.
    Also - local vegan bakery!? Nice!! I'm excited to see how your summer unfolds. But wait, you only have a few weeks off before starting your grad studies? What!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cora!
      Yes!! I am excited to start work this upcoming week. And right?!! Tell me about it! I'm trying to fit some relaxation time in but there's also a BUNCH of stuff I want to get done before then. Argh :(

      Delete